St John's Association (Parent Teacher Association)
St John’s Association (SJA) is an organisation of parents, staff, our church and the wider community. We aim to encourage closer links between home and school to benefit the children at our school. All parents, guardians and teachers are automatically members and everyone (even grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and neighbours!) is encouraged to get involved.
Our aim is to enrich the educational experience of the children at St John’s through both fund-raising activities and organising initiatives which benefit the children. We also aim to strengthen our links with the church and our community.
ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE
Over the last five years, our fund-raising has provided the following:
- £10,000 contribution to outdoor climbing equipment in the KS2 playground;
- the painting of playground lines in the KS1 and KS2 playgrounds;
- 2 iPads for the communication system Tapestry in our Foundation Stage;
- 15 iPads to be used for class teaching;
- 30 Chromebooks for computing in KS2;
- books towards creating a new school library;
- PE & playground equipment, craft materials and hymn packs;
- outdoor climbing equipment in the EYFS playground; and
- through Martyn Gerrard, we have been able to house school rabbits in a rabbit enclosure in Foundation Stage and pay for new football and netball kits.
If you would like to join the SJA or help out at an event, please do not hesitate to contact the school office - thank you!