What We Do
We have a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- holding the Executive Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Governors have a range of duties and powers to challenge and support the school to deliver high standards of educational achievement. This includes the following:
- helping set aims and objective for the school;
- adopting policies and setting targets for achieving those aims and objectives;
- ensuring accountability;
- monitoring and evaluating school performance;
- overseeing the management of school finances;
- making sure that the curriculum is balanced and broadly based and the learning environment is safe; and
- appointing the Executive Headteacher and Head of School and reviewing their performance.
The Full Governing Board can delegate responsibility and statutory functions to a smaller group of governors (although the FGB remains responsible for all decisions).
St John's sub committees are:
- Executive Headteacher Appraisal
- Finance and Premises
- Pay and Personnel
- Teaching Learning & Standards