It is extremely important that we keep our children safe and secure at all times. In order to do this we have a variety of systems in place in which we ask parents to support and fully adhere to at all times.
- CCTV cameras are placed around the school site.
- On-site parking is restricted to school staff only.
- The main car park gate is closed between 8.30 – 4.30 so that cars cannot enter the site.
- A member of the SLT stands at the gate entrances and greet children and parents every morning from 8.30.
- Soft start morning entry. From 8.40-8.50 children may enter their classrooms independently, parents are not permitted in the playground after 8.45.
- Proposed installation of security doors at the main school entrance.
- All staff and governors are issued with photo identity lanyards.
- Adults authorised to visit the school site are required to sign in and out and wear visitor’s passes at all times.
- All adults working regularly with children will be subject to CRB/ DBS check.
- Adults who occasionally help at school will never be left with children by themselves.
- Supply teachers and other adults working with children must read and agree to the Safeguarding Visitors Compliancy Card on entry to the school.
- Extra- curricular clubs must provide the school with qualification certification and CRB/DBS.
- All staff and governors receive safeguarding training at least every three years.
- Staff, governors, parents and children sign an Acceptable Use Agreement.
- Working towards silver Barnet Online safety award.
- Mr. Sweetingham is the designated Safeguarding Teacher.
- Mrs Mitri and Ms. Turner are the designated Deputy Safeguarding Teacher.
- Helen Eracleous is the designated Safeguarding Governor.
- Mrs Cruickshank is the school’s Online Safety Teacher.
The school’s safeguarding polices can be found in the Safeguarding Policies section or under the School policy section of our website and on request at the school office.